Saturday, May 28, 2011

Vietnam

Day 1

There isn’t much to write about the first day. When we arrived, we were delayed at the airport for a long time. By the time we got to our hotel it was already late and after finishing dinner it was already 12am. I guess the only highlight of the day is the delicious bowl of beef noodle soup that I had for dinner.

Day 2

I am currently in the bus typing this. So far it’s been 2 hrs and there is still about 4 hrs to go before our arrival at Da Lat. The bus ride is pretty good. There isn’t a lot of people onboard so I’m occupying 2 seats.

Day 3

Our arrival at the hotel yesterday took about 2hrs more than I expected. In total we were on the road for about 8 hrs. I wasn’t able to update this blog yesterday because I had trouble connecting to the Internet.

Today somehow the Internet works. We started our day visiting two waterfalls. Then we visited the King’s palace and a monastery. We stopped for lunch at the hotel before heading to our next destination—XQ hand embroidery. I really like the handicrafts; unfortunately I can’t show any pictures because photography was prohibited. We ended our tour with a visit to the Valley of Love and a huge statue of Buddha. Here are some pictures. The rest of the pictures will be on facebook.


Photobucket
Cuttlefish seller at Sigon


Photobucket
On the way up to Da Lat

Photobucket
Chang seller

Photobucket
Selling clothes at the market

Photobucket
Crossing the scary Vietnamese road

Photobucket
The only picture I took at the handicraft place

No comments:

Post a Comment